I hope you all had a fun New Years Eve and a great start into the new year. My boyfriend and I spend Saturday night with a couple of friends. We had great food, drinks & some “Just Dance” fun. I wanted to bring a little something and remembered a sweet treat that I’ve seen around everywhere recently and also found on one of my favorite blogs.
The recipe is pretty easy to follow and all you need is the following:
- any cake mix
- creme cheese frosting
- lollipop sticks
- chocolate melts
1. Prepare the cake mix as per instructions on the box.
2. Bake cake at 350 degrees. Once cake is baked, set to cool.
3. Once cake is cool, crumble it in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix the crumble cake together with the frosting.
5. Roll the cake into balls. Once rolled, place them in the refrigerator for several hours.
6. One at a time get a lollipop stick and dip the stick about 1/2 inch of the tip into the melted candy coating and
then insert the lollipop stick straight into a cake ball, pushing it no more than halfway through. Hold the cake ball
and turn it back and forth or softly tap it, so the excess chocolate falls off. Place cake pops in the refrigerator to dry out completely.
Once dry you can wrap it individually.
The tricky part was the chocolate dipping. Some didn’t get enough chocolate coverage and some fell apart and didn’t look representable anymore. The cake pops that survived the chocolate bath were delicious and I will definitely make them again.
Do you have any baking recipes you love?